! I’m in the process of writing a book about NameAsteroids and how to interpret them.
People willing to contribute their personal NameAsteroid stories, feel free to get in contact with me.
All information shared remains confidential and anonymous. READ MORE about what i’m working on.
There are about 21778 named asteroids in the astro databank. Go look for the names of loved ones, family or even enemies, and see where they are placed within your birthchart.
There is not much information out there about name asteroids, but it’s a handy extra tool to add to your chart when doing a reading. When we are born, the names of our loved ones are already within us. It’s a matter of time to find those people who are important in our lives.
The house placement and the aspects that are made to the name can clear up some things around that person.
Conjunction are the strongest, the closer the ‘better’. When a name asteroid touches one of your planets, points or asteroids, the energy is activated.
Aspects other than conjunctions also activate, but it’s more of a weak influence since asteroids are still very young.
1) House placement : Area of life that’s affected/involved
2) Sign placement : The nature and influence of the bond
3) Aspects to the Name : Feelings & attitude around the person
Name Asteroids are only valid when activated through a tight aspect
• Conjunction : the nature of the relationship, from your point of view
• Hard aspects : a challenge connected to this person
• Harmonic aspects : create a positive feeling around this person, or desire
• Use tight orbs : 0-3 degrees
For additional information, check the ruler of the name asteroids and where it’s located in the natal chart.
The name asteroid might not move much in progressions, but you may see more of the story unfolding when you check out the connections to the rulers. They work well by transit, Solar arc and solar return
If you can’t find the name you’re looking for :
• Try a different spelling
• Try a name that sounds similar
• Try the name in a foreign language
Name asteroids conjunct or in harmonious aspect to other planets
• Sun : Feeling energized by the person, outstanding person
• Moon : Feeling emotional security with the person, sensitive person
• Mercury : Having a lot of mental activity between, a lot of communication, always on your mind
• Venus : Finding them beautiful, fascinating and worth loving, love of your life
• Mars : Creates passionate feelings or competition, taking action together
• Jupiter : Seeing the person as wise and humoristic, a teacher
• Uranus : An unconventional bond, going after new ideas together
• Neptune : A deep spiritual connection with the person, the ultimate fantasy
• Saturn : Creates difficulties/challenges within your life, commitment/long-term or karmic
• Pluto : Deep, intense bond, feeling exposed & naked within their presence, transformational
• Chiron : Brings pain into your life, a source of painful growth
• Juno : Seeing them as the perfect spouse
• Eros : Sexually attracted to the person
• Amor : Loving the person unconditionally
• Psyche : Feeling a strong soulish connection
• Cupid : Romantically attracted to the person (superficial)
• Ceres : Having a nuturing feel over or with this person
• Vesta : Wanting to have sexual adventures with the person
• Pallas : The person adds to your wisdom
• Nessus : Feeling uncomfortable around the person
• Lust : Affair, intense & sexual attraction, almost addictive
• Vertex : Creates a turning point, this person will help you to become what you were meant to be
• ASC : The person makes you feel more complete, adds to your status, a part of you.
• MC : Helps you to achieve your goals, creates a professional feeling
Name asteroids in the houses
creates a feel of will and self-direction, seeing the person as competition or as a part of you.
could mean that you undertake action to get in touch with that person or that the person is somehow always close to you, part of you. It also means that your physical body is involved either by sexual interaction, a fight,..
This person may help you in self-discovery or become a huge part in defining who you are. They may remind you of yourself and inspire you to be more expressive and individual.
possessive about this person, or keeping your possessions from them, not wanting to share.
could show that the person affects your self-esteem somehow or your finances, it could also mean that you either lose or gain money through this person, there is a possibility of feeling of possessiveness. The person could shake up, may show you what you truly value in life and help you in setting boundaries.
wanting to communicate with the person, activating mental activity, superficial. or gossip.
could indicate the people we have a sibling type of relationship with. Something about them could feel like a brother/sister. It’s the house of communication and short distance travel so these matters could be tied in with the connection you have with this person. It could indicate a peer or someone from elementary school. There could be an easy flow of communication with the person or the total opposite. You may learn new skills and insights from this person. You may have met online.
feeling of familiarity, a caring and nurturing bond, integrated. or feeling hurt around them.
could show family members, mothers or motherly figures. People you have lived or live with. There is a feeling of familiarity with this person, you have a caring and nurturing bond together and feel integrated.
Or there are feelings of hurt when you’re around them, they may trigger your sentimental side. This person may help you to understand your own family dynamic or what it means to have a family.
creates pleasant and romantic feelings, desire for children, or they are a thread on your self-expression.
could mean the person is a parent of your children, a lover or maybe even an affair. The person usually sparks joy, romantic or affectionate feelings, you feel turned on by them. This person may inspire you within your self expression and in the development of your own creativity. They may help you in discovering your own style and what you think is pleasurable.
Name asteroids in this house could also show the people you’ve had casual sex with. Sometimes the 5th house shows close friendships aswell.
wanting to get busy and get things done, feeling helped. Or they interrupt you on your daily tasks.
could indicate the people you need to take care of in this life, the people you work for or maybe the people you feel submissive towards and want to serve. The person may make you more aware about self-care and inspire you to make healthy changes and habits where needed.
It could also show the people that have an influence on your health and daily routines. It can indicate the people you live with in some cases. Sometimes it shows the people you’re annoyed by.
seeing the person as marriage material, intimate bond, strong friendship or enemy.
could show lovers, long-term partners, people that have a significant impact onto how you go about love and relationships. You see the person as marriage material, it gives an intimate bond between you, strong friendship or enemy. The same applies when the NameAsteroid is in a tight aspect to the 7th ruler.
On the other side it could indicate your open enemy or a business relationship, but usually it’s closely tied to romantic relationships and marriage.
finding the person attractive and seductive, or keeping secrets from them, feeling power struggles.
could possibly show whom you’ve had significant sexual experiences with or if applicable; the person could be involved in your (sexual) trauma or healing. This person may help to push old wound to your surface so that you can heal. People that are in your 8th house are either intimidating, annoying and mysterious or appeal sexually attractive and you share a deep soul connection with them. Sometimes people that are dominant and demanding can appear in the 8th house. This person is likely to be a huge part of your transformation.
wanting to explore together, share knowledge and religion. An important person.
could show our teachers, gurus or people we’ve met in a foreign place or at high school or some sort of course. Sometimes it shows people we have to deal with in legal matters as well. We could see the person as wise and well educated, it could be someone we learn a lot from. This indicates a person who is important to your spiritual journey in life.
creates ambition, being inspired. not in the mood for the person, feeling better than the person.
shows a significant relationship and the person pushes you to go in a certain direction in your life, just by being present as well as the things you may have experienced due to this person which simply change your outward image (for worse or better). Usually it shows a professional type of relationship towards the person. Authority and father figures can appear in the 10th house, or people we view that way. It’s possible that you look up towards this person as an example for yourself, being inspired by them. The person has great influence onto your outward (professional) expression, whether it’s through pain or something positive.
wanting to be friends with the person and creates a feeling of being unique together.
shows friends, people from your community,.. but it also shows people you’re drawn towards. Sometimes it shows a person we’re in contact with through internet or met online. It creates a feeling of being unique together. This person may change your future perspective, introduce you to new people and may help you in networking.
This may be a lifetime friendship.
creates mystical feelings, feeling more spiritual than the person, or a hidden enemy.
it becomes foggy and confusing. hard to pinpoint what you feel but it could indicate either a secret enemy, someone that you have some sort of spiritual battle with, you may feel like you don’t connect at all with them. Or someone we feel drawn towards on a spiritual level. It can indicate that we don’t fully know the person very well and that their true identity remains a mystery to us. Spiritual teachers can be found in the 12th house.
Ways to Interpret the NameAsteroids
You can check NameAsteroids only after meeting someone as you don’t know their name prior.
Consider both Placidus and Whole sign house system and see what makes most sense to you, however both will serve a part of the whole as Placidus gives a more Psychological perspective whereas Whole sign is the more traditional approach.
Significant Name Asteroids :
• Conjunct/opposite to an angle with an orb of 0-3
• Tight aspect with Sun or Moon with an orb of 0-3
• Conjunctions or Oppositions are most powerful aspect
• Opposition to Venus/7th ruler could indicate an interruption of marriage
Name Asteroid by Sign :
The sign in which the Name is placed could show the themes that are linked to the person, Such as a Name Asteroid in Scorpio shows that the person could feel intimidating or aids to internal transformation within your life. A Name Asteroid in the sign of Virgo could mean that you think the person rants a lot or that the person somehow affects your health in a positive or negative way.
Name Asteroids by Degree :
This idea stems from the Degree Theory and i think i’m probably the first to consider these two together as i’ve noticed it to be very accurate in my own findings.
Go to the Degree Theory page to see what each degree signifies. An example from my own life is that i have the Name Asteroid of a very significant foreign person on 9 degrees, this degree is linked to the sign Sagittarius which means ‘foreign’. Another example is a woman having the Name Asteroid of her spouse on 1 degree, which is an Aries degree but in reality her spouse is Aries by sun sign.
Yet another example is that of a man who has the Name Asteroid of his girlfriend on 13 degrees, which is an Aries degree and his girlfriend is Aries rising – The coincidence.
Note : Not always will these degrees give away the Sun, Moon or Rising sign of the person, but it just validates and adds more flavor. It could possibly help in your own interpretations as there is always the possibility of knowing more than 1 person with the same name.
Observations on Name asteroids of Spouse in the birthchart, it seems that often the name is connected by an aspect to
• Ruler of the 7th house
• Your own Name asteroid
It’s often a conjunction or a square aspect, but harmonious aspects occur too, just less frequent as of my current observations.
• I have seen The name of a woman her husband exact conjunct to the ruler of her 7th house. As well as a name asteroid making a trine to Juno and Vertex. Those are strong indicators of marriage, or seeing this person with this name as perfect marriage material.
• I have seen the Name Asteroids of the parents of a child being in the same sign of Sagittarius, whilst the mother’s name is conjunct the MC, it shows the parents to be the teachers of the child.
• I have seen a man his girlfriend’s name making a positive aspect to Saturn while in Synastry she is the Saturn on his DSC. Her name is also sextile to Juno showing him to see her as a perfect spouse, which was what he said in real life.
• I have seen the name Asteroid of a girlfriend exact conjunct to Asteroid Union in the chart of a man.
• I have seen the Name Asteroid of a woman exact conjunct Eros in 8th house of a mans chart, whilst the people involved have had an unusual sexual connection, kinky friends.
• I have seen the Name Asteroid of a man exact conjunct the MC of a woman he abused, while the Name Asteroid opposed Mars and exact trine to Vertex.
• I have seen the Name Asteroid of the partner exact conjunct to the ascendant ruler in a woman’s chart.
• There is often an aspect to Juno or Union and a Name Asteroid of someone you’ve been in a relationship with.
• A woman her name semi-sextile to Neptune in a male chart, while his name is semi-sextile to Juno in her chart. these two people were soullovers, past life husband and wife. The semi-sextile is the ‘unseen’ or a connection that’s unphysical.
NameAsteroids in Transit of significant meetings (Personal observations) :
T NameAsteroid trine to NA Nameasteroid orb 2-
T Sun sextile NameAsteroid orb 1+
T NameAsteroid opposite Sun orb 1-
T NameAsteroid trine POF exact
T Sun opposite NameAsteroid orb 1-
T Mars trine NameAsteroid orb 1+
T NameAsteroid sextile Eros orb 2-
T NameAsteroid Bi-Quintile Northnode orb 2+
T NameAsteroid sextile Union exact
T NameAsteroid conjunct Venus & Jupiter orb 2+
T Lilith Bi-Quintile NameAsteroid exact
T NameAsteroid Bi-Quintile Northnode exact
T NameAsteroid Bi-Quintile Eros 1-
T NameAsteroid square Cupid orb 1+
T NameAsteroid sextile Venus orb 2-
T NameAsteroid trine Mercury orb 1+
Want to know more about asteroids ?
Feel free to share your experiences, as i’m looking for people, especially married couples, who have their spouse’s name Asteroid strong in their birthchart.