There are about 21778 named asteroids in the astro databank. Go look for the names of loved ones, family or even enemies, and see where they are placed within your birthchart.
There is not much information out there about name asteroids, but it’s a handy extra tool to add to your chart when doing a reading. When we are born, the names of our loved ones are already within us. It’s a matter of time to find those people who are important in our lives.
The house placement and the aspects that are made to the name can clear up some things around that person.
Conjunction are the strongest, the closer the ‘better’. When a name asteroid touches one of your planets, points or asteroids, the energy is activated.
Aspects other than conjunctions also activate, but it’s more of a weak influence since asteroids are still very young.
• Use tight orbs : 0-3 degrees
1) In what house is the name located = Area of life that’s affected/involved
2) In what sign is the name located = The nature of the bond, actions and person
3) Aspects to the Name = Feelings & attitude around the person
Name Asteroids are only valid when activated through a tight aspect
• Conjunction shows the nature of the relationship, from your point of view
• Hard aspects show a challenge connected to this person
• Harmonic aspects create a positive feeling around this person, or desire
For additional information, check the ruler of the name asteroids and where those are located in the natal chart.
The asteroid name might not move much in progressions or Transits, but you may see more of the story unfolding when you check out the connections to the rulers.
If you can’t find the name you’re looking for :
• Try a different spelling
• Try a name that sounds similar
• Try the name in a foreign language
Name asteroids through the houses
1st : creates a feel of will and self-direction, seeing the person as competition or as a part of you
2nd : possessive about this person, or keeping your possessions from them, not wanting to share
3rd : wanting to communicate with the person, activating mental activity, superficial. or gossip
4th : feeling of familiarity, a caring and nurturing bond, integrated. or feeling hurt around them
5th : creates pleasant and romantic feelings, desire for children, or they are a thread on your self-expression
6th: wanting to get busy and get things done, feeling helped. Or they interrupt you on your daily tasks
7th : seeing the person as marriage material, intimate bond, strong friendship or enemy
8th : finding the person attractive and seductive, or keeping secrets from them, feeling power struggles
9th : wanting to explore together, share knowledge and religion. An important person
10th : creates ambition, being inspired. not in the mood for the person, feeling better than the person
11th : wanting to be friends with the person and creates a feeling of being unique together
12th : creates mystical feelings, feeling more spiritual than the person, or a hidden enemy
MORE INFO BELOW
Name asteroids conjunct or in harmonic aspect to other planets
• Sun : Feeling energized by the person, outstanding person
• Moon : Feeling emotional security with the person, sensitive person
• Mercury : Having a lot of mental activity between, a lot of communication
• Venus : Finding them beautiful, fascinating and worth loving, love of your life
• Mars : Creates passionate feelings or competition
• Jupiter : Seeing the person as wise and humoristic, a teacher
• Uranus : An unconventional bond, going after new ideas together
• Neptune : A deep spiritual connection with the person, the ultimate fantasy
• Saturn : Creates difficulties/challenges within your life, commitment/longterm or karmic
• Pluto : Deep, intense bond, feeling exposed & naked within their presence, transformational
• Chiron : Brings pain into your life, a source of painful growth
• Juno : Seeing them as the perfect spouse
• Eros : Sexually attracted to the person
• Amor : Loving the person unconditionally
• Psyche : Feeling a strong soulish connection
• Cupid : Romantically attracted to the person (superficial)
• Ceres : Having a nuturing feel over or with this person
• Vesta : Wanting to have sexual adventures with the person
• Pallas : The person adds to your wisdom
• Nessus : Feeling uncomfortable around the person
• Lust : Affair, intense & sexual attraction, almost addictive
• Vertex : Creates a turning point, this person will help you to become what you were meant to be
• ASC : The person makes you feel more complete, adds to your status, a part of you.
• MC : Helps you to achieve your goals, creates a professional feeling
Ways to Interpret the NameAsteroids
You can check NameAsteroids only after meeting someone as you don’t know their name prior.
Consider both Placidus and Whole sign house system and see what makes most sense to you, however both will serve a part of the whole as Placidus serves a more Psychological perspective whereas Whole sign is the more traditional approach.
Significant NameAsteroids :
• Conjunct/opposite to an angle with an orb of 0-3
• Tight aspect with Sun or Moon with an orb of 0-3
• Conjunctions or Oppositions are most powerful aspect
• Opposition to Venus/7th ruler could indicate an interruption of marriage
NameAsteroid by Sign :
The sign in which the Name is placed could show the themes that are linked to the person, Such as a Name Asteroid in Scorpio shows that the person could feel intimidating or aids to internal transformation within your life. A NameAsteroid in the sign of Virgo could mean that you think the person rants a lot or that the person somehow affects your health in a positive or negative way.
NameAsteroid by House :
The house placement generally shows in what area of life the person affects you.
If it’s in an angular house it usually has a bigger significance.
In the 1st house could mean that you undertake action to get in touch with that person or that the person is somehow always close to you, part of you. It also means that your physical body is involved either by sexual interaction, a fight,..
In the 2nd house could show that the person affects your self-esteem somehow or your finances, it could also show that you either lose or gain money through this person, there is a possibility of feeling of possessiveness. The person could shake up your value system or help you in setting boundaries.
In the 3rd house could indicate the people we have a sibling type of relationship with. Something about them could feel like a brother/sister. It’s the house of communication and short distance travel so these matters could be tied in with the connection you have with this person. It could indicate a peer or someone from elementary school. There could be an easy flow of communication with the person or the total opposite.
In the 4th house could show family members, mothers or motherly figures. People you have lived or live with.
In your 5th house could mean the person is a parent of your children, a lover or maybe even an affair. The person usually sparks joy and romantic or affectionate feelings. It’s possible that this person is someone you have a lot of fun with.
Name asteroids in this house could also show the people you’ve had casual sex with. Sometimes the 5th house shows close friendships aswell.
In the 6th house could indicate the people you need to take care of in this life, the people you work for or maybe the people you feel submissive towards and want to serve.
It could also show the people that have an influence on your health and daily routines. It also indicate the people you live with in some cases. Sometimes it shows the people you’re annoyed by.
In the 7th house could show longterm partners same applies when the NameAstroid is in a tight aspect to the 7th ruler.
On the otherside it could indicate your open enemy or a business relationship, but usually it’s closely tied to romantic relationships and marriage.
The Names that are to be found in your 8th house could possibly show whom you’ve had significant sexual experiences with or if applicable; the person could be involved in your (sexual) trauma or healing. People that are in your 8th house are either intimidating, annoying and mysterious or appeal sexually attractive and you share a deep soul connection with them. Sometimes people that are dominant and demanding can appear in the 8th house.
In the 9th house could show our teachers, gurus or people we’ve met in a foreign place or at high school or some sort of course. Sometimes it shows people we have to deal with in legal matters as well. We could see the person as wise and well educated, it could be someone we learn a lot from. Someone you may learn something important from.
In the 10th house shows a significant relationship and the person possibly pushes you to go in a certain direction in your life, just by being present as well as the things you may have experienced due to this person which simply change your outward image (for worse or better). Usually it shows a professional type of relationship towards the NameAsteroid person. Authority and father figures can appear in the 10th house, or people we view that way. It’s possible that you look up towards this person as an example for yourself, something you want to achieve in becoming yourself. The person has great influence onto your outward (professional) expression, whether it’s through pain or something positive.
In the 11th house is shows friends, people from your community,.. but it also shows people you’re drawn towards with a possibility of desire as the 11th house shows our longterm plans and ideals. Sometimes it shows a person we’re in contact with through internet or met online.
In the 12th house it becomes foggy and confusing. hard to pinpoint what you exactly feel but it could indicate either a secret enemy or someone we feel drawn towards. Sometimes it indicates that we don’t fully know the person very well.
I would advice to be careful with this position as all things dissolve in the 12th house.
NameAsteroids by Degree :
This idea stems from the Degree Theory and i think i’m probably the first to consider these two together as i’ve noticed it to be very accurate in my own findings.
Go to the Degree Theory page to see what each degree signifies. An example from my own life is that i have the NameAsteroid of a very significant foreign person on 9 degrees, this degree is linked to the sign sagittarius which means ‘foreign’. Another example is a woman having the NameAsteroid of her spouse on 1 degree, which is an Aries degree but in reality her spouse is Aries by sunsign.
Yet another example is that of a man who has the NameAsteroid of his girlfriend on 13 degrees, which is an Aries degree and his girlfriend is Aries rising – The coincidence.
Note : Not always will these degrees give away the Sun, Moon or Rising sign of the person, but it just validates and adds more flavor. It could possibly help in your own interpretations as there is always the possibility of knowing more than 1 person with the same name.
• I have seen The name of a woman her husband exact conjunct to the ruler of her 7th house. As well as a name asteroid making a trine to Juno and Vertex. Those are strong indicators of marriage, or seeing this person with this name as perfect marriage material.
• I have seen the Name Asteroids of the parents of a child being in the same sign of Sagittarius, whilst the mother’s name is conjunct the MC, it shows the parents to be the teachers of the child.
• I have seen a man his girlfriend’s name making a positive aspect to Saturn while in Synastry she is the Saturn on his DSC. Her name is also sextile to Juno showing him to see her as a perfect spouse, which was what he said in real life.
• I have seen the name Asteroid of a girlfriend exact conjunct to Asteroid Union in the chart of a man.
• I have seen the Name Asteroid of a woman exact conjunct Eros in 8th house of a mans chart, whilst the people involved have had an unusual sexual connection, kinky friends.
• I have seen the Name Asteroid of a man exact conjunct the MC of a woman he abused, while the Name Asteroid opposed Mars and exact trine to Vertex.
NameAsteroids in Transit of significant meetings (Personal observations) :
T NameAsteroid trine to NA Nameasteroid orb 2-
T Sun sextile NameAsteroid orb 1+
T NameAsteroid opposite Sun orb 1-
T NameAsteroid trine POF exact
T Sun opposite NameAsteroid orb 1-
T Mars trine NameAsteroid orb 1+
T NameAsteroid sextile Eros orb 2-
T NameAsteroid Bi-Quintile Northnode orb 2+
T NameAsteroid sextile Union exact
T NameAsteroid conjunct Venus & Jupiter orb 2+
T Lilith Bi-Quintile NameAsteroid exact
T NameAsteroid Bi-Quintile Northnode exact
T NameAsteroid Bi-Quintile Eros 1-
T NameAsteroid square Cupid orb 1+
T NameAsteroid sextile Venus orb 2-
T NameAsteroid trine Mercury orb 1+
Want to know more about asteroids ?
Feel free to share your experiences, as i’m looking for people, especially married couples, who have their spouse’s name Asteroid strong in their birthchart.