Your career and purpose in life can be seen by 2 things such as :
1) The sign of your MC
2) The house and sign placement of your NothNode
The 10th house represents your career and reputation. It goes hand in hand with your second house, which represents your own money and income, aswell as your attitude towards making your own money. When the ruler of the 2nd house makes a harmonic aspect to the MC or the 10th house ruler, it simply means that you will be able to make good money for yourself. Especially when Jupiter makes a good aspect to the MC or is in the 10th house, it can indicate a good career-life. Bad aspects from Saturn can indicate a career late in life.
The hard aspects that are made to the MC and it’s ruler indicate obstacles along the way your path to a career. The point or planets that make these aspects represent of what nature the obstacles will be.
For example : If the ASC ruler is square to the MC = You will be your own obstacle. If it’s the ruler of your 6th it indicates your health being an obstacle.
Northnode is your soul purpose and karmic destiny. It is the astrological point that breaks laws inoder to achieve it’s goal. The sign and house placement of the Northnode represent the direction you should go in life. When it’s placed in the 6th or 10th house, it will have benefit on your career, when it’s placed in other houses, the impact is not so big on your career life.
• The house and sign placement of Saturn and Chiron
• The 2nd house ruler and occupying planets
The house and sign in which your Saturn in placed, show where you doubt yourself and the area where you are challenged. It shows what you need to learn and work on. And sometimes you end up using that in the professional field.
For example : if someone has Saturn in 6th in Cancer, it can indicate someone who struggled with health and weight, and want to become a coach for people with eating disorders or diabetics. Chiron acts in the same way. Chiron is the wounded healer, the house and sign it is placed in, show in what area of life you have a painpoint. When you overcome that pain and heal from it, it can trigger some individuals to use their knowledge about this painpoint to help others.
The second house shows your attitude towards money and work, it represents your work ethics. As mentioned before, it goes hand in hand with the 10th house. The planets occupying the 2nd house can show in what nature the individual prefers to make money.
For example : when Mars is in 2nd, it shows an individual who is determined to work hard for the money he earns.
When there are no planets in the 2nd, you have to look at the sign on the cusp of the 2nd house and see where it’s ruler is placed within the chart. Also check what aspects are made to that ruler to see the challenges and the benefits.
For example : if the sign on the cusp of 2nd house is taurus, than Venus is the ruler. If Venus is placed in the 7th house, it can indicate an individual who prefers to have a good work-life balance in their career. Aswell the individual can have financial benefits from the partner when good aspects are made from Jupiter or the 7th house ruler.
The sign of your MC (the ruler of the sign it falls into)
MC in Aries : Self-employment, sports
MC in Taurus : Sales, beauty, food, arts
MC in Gemini : Journalism, research, media, writing
MC in Cancer : Caretaker, cook, mindfulness
MC in Leo : Leader, creative sector, self-employment
MC in Virgo : Healthcare, service, animals
MC in Libra : Arts, beauty, lawyer
MC in Scorpio : Healer, psychologist, spy
MC in Sagittarius : Teacher, travel, politics
MC in Capricorn : Business, spirituality, CEO, boss
MC in Aquarius : Technology, ICT, renovation, acting
MC in Pisces : Musician, Arts, biology
Northnode in the signs
NN in Aries : “I am”
NN in Taurus : “I have”
NN in Gemini : “I think”
NN in Cancer : “I feel”
NN in Leo : “I will”
NN in Virgo : “I analyze”
NN in Libra : “I balance”
NN in Scorpio : “I desire”
NN in Sagittarius : “I understand”
NN in Capricorn : “I use”
NN in Aquarius : “I know”
NN in Pisces : “I believe”
Northnode in the houses
1st house : Independence
2nd house : Self-worth
3rd house : Communication and environment
4th house : Family and emotional foundations
5th house : Children and self-expression
6th house : Giving service, health matters
7th house : Marriage and business relationships
8th house : Investigation, death and re-birth
9th house : Education and personal truth
10th house : Achievement and reputation
11th house : Receiving love through friendships
12th house : Cultivating trust in the unseen
How to find your career
1) Atmakaraka * = Soulplanet, Soul purpose, Soul lesson
2) Amatayakaraka * = The force to get you there
(NOT: Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Southnode)
* More explanation here
• What do these planets represent?
• Check in what sign & house both these planets are = what aspects they make
3) 10th house/MC = What you are here to do, what kind of authority will you have
• What sign is on the cusp, what does it represent (Capricorn = manager,…)
4) Ruler of 10th = In what sign & house
• Where will your authority be taken place in (4th = home business,…)
5) 11th house = Where you will gain your authority from
• The source from your authority will be from the 11th house
• Placement of 11th house ruler = through what you will gain your authority
6) 3rd house = The effort you will put into your career
• Placement of 3rd house ruler = the strength of your courage and effort
• Having Mars in 3rd or 10th is very beneficial
Other ways to find your purpose
1) Where is the most concentration of Planets
• Left/Eastern side : “I”
• Right/Western side : “You”
• Top/Day side : “What comes to the light”
• Bottom/Night side : “What lies in the dark”
2) In what element are the most Planets
• Fire : Intuitive (Active, impulsive)
• Earth : Sensation (Practical)
• Air : Thinking (Intellectual, communication)
• Water : Feeling (Empathic, sympathic)
3) In what houses are the most planets
• Cardinal : Activity & enthusiasm
• Fixed : Stamina & stability
• Mutable : Flexibility & adaptability
4) What planets are in 2, 6, 10th house
• 2nd house : Material security
• 6th house : Work & health
• 10th house : Position & reputation
5) The ASC and its ruler’s placement
• Shows in what areas you want to present yourself
• What are the characteristics of your ASC
• In what house is the ASC ruler
• What aspects are made to the ASC ruler
6) The Planets in sign, house and aspects
Sun: What is the central theme in life?
Moon: What do you need to feel fulfilled and content?
Mercury: What is your mental attitude?
Venus: What are your artistic and social qualities?
Mars: In what areas do you use your energies? Where do you become active?
Jupiter: In which areas can you expand and develop yourself?
Saturn: What are your obstacles, fears and responsibilities?
Uranus: Where do you need variety, originality, sudden insights and impatience?
Neptune: In what areas do you use inspiration, instinct, sensitivity, imagination?
Pluto: Where do you express or feel control, power and powerlessness?
I’m still researching how valid it is to work this way, but here is the chart of a woman who was a spiritual/religious teacher in elementary school. In this example i’m working with the degree theory.
MC = Sagittarius = Teaching, education
MC = 29′ = Leo degree = Creative, children,..
MC ruler at 1′ = Aries degree = Physical, self, ‘in front of’ ,..
Jupiter in 8th = Transformation, depth,..
Jupiter in Sagittarius = Religion, spirituality, morals,..
Do i have to say more? it’s very VERY literal in this woman’s chart, mindblowing!
So if this is a valid method, than this means that…
Sign of MC = What you do, the action/expression
Degree of the MC = What’s involved
Degree of MC ruler = How you do it
House placement of MC ruler = Theme of what you do
Sign placement of MC ruler = Subject, topic, sector
Let me know if this works on your chart!