Transits are the planets that currently move through the skies. They make aspects to the planets in your birthchart and called Transits. This creates new beginnings, endings, periods, opportunities, growth, transformation,..
“People are permanent transits”
The inner planets (fast moving)
Sun : Stays in a sign for a month
Moon : Changes sign every ½ days
Mercury : Stays in a sign for 15-60 days. (Retrograde)
Venus : 1 month in each sign. Always within 40-45 degrees from the Sun
Mars : 2 months in each sign up to 7 months. (Retrograde)
The outer planets (slow moving)
Jupiter : 1 year in every sign. Jupiter return every 12 years
Saturn : 2 and a half years in each sign. Saturn return every 29-30 years
Uranus : 7 years in each sign. 84 years to go through all the zodiac signs.
Neptune : 14 years in each sign. 164 years to go through all the zodiac signs.
Pluto : 10-20 years in each sign. 248 years to go through all the zodiac signs
It’s important to know how each planet influences certain area’s of your life : symbolized by the houses. For example: Transit Saturn going through your 10th house, means it’s a good time to make changes or set up a functioning and stable foundation in order to achieve happiness within your career on the long run. Besides that, every aspects needs to be carefully examined as these show whether you’ll experience frustration or ease. For example: When transit Venus is making a trine to your ascendant, it means that you feel happy and are comfortable within yourself. When transit Jupiter is conjunct to your ascendant, you have to look out not to gain some weight in that period (for about a month).
Planets their influence in aspect
|Sun||It illuminates and directs a lot of attention and focus, where you want to be recognized and appreciated|
• Hard aspect : Egoism, conflict, dominating, highlighting, overdoing, feeling ‘threatened’
• Soft aspect : Stamina, optimism, strong, creative, vitality, creativity, positivity
|Moon||It brings about emotional involvement, ups and downs, instinctive reactions|
• Hard aspect : Events trigger, fluctuations, mood-swings, missing, emotional impact
• Soft aspect : Secure, attachment, positive feelings, security, nourishment
• Read more about lunar events
|Mercury||It brings exchange and news, increased curiosity and changing interest or mental focus|
• Hard aspect : Nervous thoughts, technical problems, mental friction, meetings
• Soft aspect : Mental stimulation, contracts, social contact, understanding
• Rx : evaluation of your communicative style, purging old thought patterns
|Venus||It highlights social matters and people, the relationships and ability to cooperate or compromise|
• Hard aspect : Laziness, disappointment, insecurity, criticism, weakened self-esteem
• Soft aspect : Financial gains, artistic, attraction, harmony, creativity, beautify
• Rx : past relationships & issues, healing co-dependent patterns
|Mars||It highlights action or the need to initiate, impulses and primal reactions|
• Hard aspect : Energetic, impatience, accidents, quarrels, dominant, fights
• Soft aspect : Energetic, courage, attraction, initiating, action, sexual desire
• Rx : confront yourself with personal issues, take it slow, self-nourishment, take care of the body
|Jupiter||It increases consciousness and experience, to gain better understanding and awareness |
• Hard aspect : Over indulgence, exaggerating, stand-still, opportunity, big actions
• Soft aspect : Expansion, support, optimism, luck, education, opportunity
• Rx : do the work to achieve your dreams, re-align with purpose and authenticity
|Saturn||It gives limitations and the necessity to put in more effort, to built and solidify|
• Hard aspect : Breaking-points, testing structures, hardship, depression, loss
• Soft aspect : Constructive stamina, realistic approach, determination
• Rx : evaluate self-dicipline, uncovering the structure of something, what something is made of
|Uranus||It brings about sudden changes and events of an unexpecting or surprising flavor|
• Hard aspect : Unexpected change, rebellion, unconventional behavior, (abrupt) breakings
• Soft aspect : Brings opportunity for freedom, new perspectives, innovation
• Rx : re-evaluation of your approach and intentions, creative thinking
|Neptune||It weakens the boundaries and tend to bring in confusions, increasing intuition and spiritual growth|
• Hard aspect : Delusion, addiction, health problems, sleeplessness, confusion
• Soft aspect : Romantic, artistic, psychic, dreamy, spiritual development
• Rx : breaking illusions, seeing things more clearly, unveiling, getting out of comfort zone
|Pluto||It brings about transformation and necessary change. The need to realize and break with destructive and karmic patterns|
• Hard aspect : Brutal breakings, painful transformation, fear, crisis, deep desires, destruct
• Soft aspect : Courage, rebirth, going inwards, research, growth, constructiveness
• Rx : evaluate your relationship to power/control, use your influence constructively, purging, unveiling the true faces and uncovering secrets
Which areas of life are affected
When looking at transits, it’s important to consider what house the transiting planet rules in your birthchart.
Usually we tend to just google ”Transit Saturn square Venus” and we get an explanation of this specific transit,
however it’s just the basic flavor of these two planets in aspect without any linkage to what they represent in the birthchart. Transits play out differently for people, as a result of the rulerships.
Transit Saturn square Venus
Saturn (6th house ruler) means obstacles, challenges, difficulties (Saturn) in matters related to the health, daily routines, pets,.. (6th house)
Square means tension, conflict, action
Venus (1àth house ruler) means it affects the matters of career, public reputation, authority figures,…
Next step is to analyze in which house the transit planet is in. if it’s for example in the 12th house, it means loss, confusion, things that are hard to pinpoint, or it can even affect your sleeping patterns. In this example it could mean the native is suffering insomnia (12th), Which is affecting the health (Saturn the ruler of 6th house) which creates tensions (square) in the native’s career (Venus the ruler of 10th).
As Venus generally rules beauty, love and money, it could add this flavor to the mix. Such as the partner having an influence on the native’s sleeping patterns, or the partner has some financial issues that concerns the native and keeps them up at night.
A square means conflict, a buildup of frustration within the native in which they themselves might undertake action for change or their behavior triggers others to push the native into a specific position that forces the native to take action.
Life changing or Temporary
Fast moving planetary transits
Such as Moon, Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars
These will manifest more directly or as daily events.
Slow moving planetary transits
Such as Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto
These will manifest on a more subconscious level over time. Often related to psychological changes and evolution. Especially the outer planets tend to manifest major life events.
Transit Pluto square Venus is a transit that could last up to 5 years, depending on the retrograde motion of Pluto.
With the involvement of Pluto we know that massive change is inevitable as it represents transformation, endings, rebirth,.. However it will manifest slowly by a buildup of little things. Often the outer planets take place in our psyche, But it’s safe to predict that the native’s life will be completely change within a specific area of life (depending on house rulerships), after these 5 years.
Whatever Pluto touches by conjunction, indicates a big event that will happen. The fated change, the break of your life. An example is when transit Pluto is conjunct natal Uranus, it brings the change of your life, nothing will be the same after this transit has passed. Transit Pluto trine Venus brings the lover of destiny, this does not mean the one or the person you’ll marry, but someone you have to meet that will turn your life upside down.
Retrogrades create a time of delay, confusion, obstacles,… And introspection.
We are most known with Mercury retrograde, representing a time of going inward mentally to re-think, re-evaluate, re re re. The best way to interpret a Retrograde transit is all things RE-doing, RE-visiting, RE-membering.
However retrograde outer planets, work a bit differently. There is always a specific pattern :
|• First retrograde motion aspect : bringing the issue to the surface|
• First direct motion aspect : acting upon the issues or continue to buildup, repress
• Second retrograde motion aspect : Final conclusion and result of the issue
• Stationary : Tends to manifest events
For example, when transit Saturn was square to my natal Venus. Within that time period I broke up 4 times with my partner. But it wasn’t the final result until the last breakup that happened under the last retrograde aspect from Saturn to my Natal Venus, and that was the final outcome.
Transits from outer planets to your 7th house ruler or Venus, test the structure of your relationship.
If a relationship breaks under these influences (Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) it means it’s just not meant to be.
But if you survive these, it only strengthens the relationship.
A retrograde planet that moves direct will always go through a Shadow period, this is the length of time that the planet travels to reach the degree where it firs went retrograde. For example : Transit Venus going retrograde at 20° Leo, that means Venus will be moving backwards and travels towards the 0° of Leo. Once Venus stations direct, she has to travel all the way back to 20°, and she will only be out of her shadow phase once she is at 21° of Leo. This applies to any planet that turns direct.
During the shadow phase you may be faced with similar themes or issues, but the approach and attitude will be more conscious or even different than before. You can compare it to a ‘testing’ phase, to see whether you’ve done enough introspection and purging during the Retrograde phase.
Predicting a romantic meeting with Transits
Trine, sextile, sometimes conjunction
• T Uranus through 5th or 7th house
• T Uranus – Venus, Mars, Sun, Moon, ruler of 7th house
• T Saturn through 7th house
• T Saturn – Sun
• T Jupiter through or in aspect to 5th or 7th house
• T Jupiter – Venus
• T Venus through 5th or 7th house
• T Venus – ASC or ASC ruler
• T Venus – Sun, Moon, Mars, Saturn
• T Venus – NN or SN
• T Sun – Venus, Uranus
• T Chiron – Venus
• T Chiron through 5th or 7th house
• T Juno – Venus
• T Juno through 5th or 7th house
• T Pluto – Venus, Jupiter, Sun, 5th or 7th ruler
Predicting the start of a new relationship with Transits
Trine, sextile, sometimes conjunction
• T Juno through 1st, 7th house
• T Venus through 1st, 5th, 7th house
• T Venus – Moon, 7th ruler
• T Uranus through 1st house or conjunct ASC
• T Jupiter through 1st, 7th house
• T Jupiter – 7th house cusp
• T Moon through 7th house
• T Uranus trine Moon
• T Uranus – MC
• T Uranus – Saturn
• T Uranus – Venus or ruler of 7th house
• T Uranus – NN, Pluto, Mars
• T Juno – Moon, Sun, Ceres, ASC
• T Juno – Uranus or 7th house ruler
• T Juno conjunct Vertex
• T Venus – Sun, Venus, Juno, Vertex
• T Ceres conjunct Moon
• T Saturn – Moon
• T SN conjunct SN
• T Chiron – ASC
• Anytime the transit ruler of your natal 7th house makes a positive aspect to you ASC
• Positive aspects Through 5th and 7th house. and positive aspects to the rulers of that house
More info regards finding out the timing of a new love interest : Click here