Natal indications of Spouse
• Planets in 7th : Describe the characteristics of Spouse
• Placement of 7th ruler : Describes where you will encounter your Spouse
• Aspects to the ruler of 7th : Describes information about circumstances
• Darakaraka : Describes nature of Spouse
• Degree of DCS : Describe marriage life and characteristics of Spouse
• Venus : Natural indication of wife in a male chart
• Jupiter : Natural indication of husband in a female chart
• Juno : Describes traits of Spouse, what you need, how you commit
Predicting in Natal Chart
• Ruler of 7th : What house and which aspects does it receive.
• Venus/Jupiter : Placement describes personality of spouse.
In a woman’s chart :
• Jupiter represents the husband
• Mars is the ‘bad’ boyfriend, she keeps being attracted to these qualities until certain lessons are learned.
In a man’s chart :
• Venus represents the wife, you may also look at the moon
• Neptune is the ‘bad’ girlfriend he keeps falling for but isn’t the match for him
Partner A :
His Lord of the 7th house is aquarius, ruled by Uranus and Uranus is placed in 5th house
• Meeting spouse via networking (Website) or self-promotion (Music Artist).
• His moon is in 3rd house
• Meeting spouse through internet/media (Website).
Partner B :
Her lord of 7th house is Libra, ruled by Venus and is placed in 7th house
• Meeting spouse via the arts (music) and he is an artistic person (He is a music artist).
• Jupiter in 7th house indicating a foreign spouse
• Sun in 7th indication that spouse will have leo qualities or rising (Partner his ascendant is Leo).
The sign on the cusp of your 7th house is the Lord of this house, look for the planet that is ruler of this sign and see in what house it is placed, according to that you can apply what is written down below.
The planet which holds the lowest degree.
Neptune, Uranus and Pluto don’t count.
The Darakaraka signifies the nature of the spouse. The condition of this planet gives away more information.
• Sign placement : Nature of spouse
• House placement : Place of meeting
• Dignity : If strong it gives good qualities of the sign, if weak, it gives negative traits of the sign
• Aspects : Additional information about spouse’s characteristics
Example : if the Darakaraka is Jupiter and it’s conjunct or is aspect to the Moon, the results will be positive. But if Jupiter is conjunct or in hard aspect to Saturn it might result in a challenging relationship.
More information on the Darakaraka : Click here
Where you will meet your spouse
In what house is the ruler of your 7th house placed within the natal chart?
For example : if the 7th house cusp falls into the sign of Taurus, it’s ruler is Venus. If Venus is located in 2nd house, than you have to interpret this as 7th ruler placed within the 2nd house. The interpretations for that are listed here:
1st house :
Will walk up to you, anywhere. Your spouse may be a known person to you. He/she may be from your same community. They could be your distant relative as well.
2nd house :
In a bank, by a friend of a relative, something involved with money. Your spouse may be known to some of your family members. They can be somehow related to your finance, banking or your friends.
3rd house :
Your spouse can come through your siblings, relatives, neighbors or internet. You may meet them through media, or you may meet them during some short course, or short journeys.
4th house :
Possibility of meeting spouse via family members, on a boat, restaurant. You may meet them in your student life, they may be someone related to your mother or maternal relatives. They may meet you even through your job.
5th house :
In a recreative place, party, casino, night center. In ancient texts it says when your 7th lord is in the 5th house, then it is a clear indication of love marriage. You may meet them from a public space like entertainment programs, networking or when you do your self-promotion activities.
6th house :
In your daily tasks, routine, hospital, work. They may be your colleagues, maternal relatives, they can be your enemies eventually, or some acquaintance of your enemies.
7th house :
An artistic spouse, meeting In a museum, in a music bar, a place where art is involved, business related environment, meeting in a formal environment
Jupiter in 7th Indicates a possibility of a foreign or and older spouse, meeting in a formal environment, business related environment.
8th house :
By occultism, or personal overcoming conference, something involved with death, or money. Your spouse can be interested in research, they may like occult, they can be working people. You may even marry a person known to you.
9th house :
In a trip, abroad, on a airport, airplane or cruise. Meeting spouse via spiritual or religious ceremony, university, on a wedding or via travel. You may marry a person from a different community, they can be interested in religion and philosophy, they like literature or higher studies. They can be even foreigners.
10th house :
You can meet your spouse in your 1st job, social service, professional practices, raleigh, career situations, classmate.
11th house :
Meeting spouse via friends or social organizations, Someone you knew or via internet
12th house :
Meeting spouse coincidental, via blind date, In an institution, river, sea, mistress, something involved with water. your spouse can be from a different religion or foreign place. They can even be maternal relatives.
Symbolism & signs during meeting of spouse
A method from Vedic Astrology. It only works on the Sidereal chart.
Look at what sign the Descendant falls into and look for it’s ruler in your chart.
The opposing sign to the 7th house ruler holds the symbolism.
Descendant in Virgo = Mercury as ruling planet of 7th.
Mercury is placed in Libra, so Aries is the opposing sign that holds the clues.
Important to know :
The following can appear in the form of paintings, furniture, names of restaurants,
brandnames, t-shirt print, places, food, statue, sounds, etc etc. Be creative
Aries = Ram, Horns, physical/body, sports,..
Taurus = Bull, earth, dirt, slow, finances,..
Gemini = Twins, relatives, duplicate, group, social media, book,..
Cancer = Crab, lobster, home, lake, mother, car,..
Leo = Lion, king, royal, throne, party, concert,..
Virgo = Virgin, health, care, work, fitness, hospital, wheat, food..
Libra = Scales, law, balance, beauty, arts, skin,..
Scorpio = Scorpion, mall, sting, death, surgery, bank, private, secret,..
Sagittarius = Horse, arrow, bow, shooting, education, travel,..
Capricorn = Goat, career, formal, structures, elder people,..
Aquarius = Watercarrier, internet, technology, spilling fluid, aqua, waterfall, dam..
Pisces = Fish, sushi, water, duplicate, aquarium,..
The personality of your future spouse
Seen from the house and sign placement of Venus or Jupiter
• Jupiter : husband in a woman’s chart
• Venus : Wife in a man’s chart
• Juno : The actual marriage material
Venus/Jupiter in Aries / 1st house :
A courageous and energetic spouse filled with passion. Could have a short temper or impulsive. A fun person to be around and a protector. Someone that will like to take the role of a leader in the relationship.
Venus/Jupiter in Taurus / 2nd house :
A person you can rely on and trust. Possessions and money might be very important to your spouse. Can indicate a spouse with a calculative approach towards the relationship and life. A love for luxury, comfort and food.
Venus/Jupiter in Gemini / 3rd house :
A careful spouse who chooses words wisely, someone that loves communicating with you. An intelligent spouse. A person that like to go on city trips with you and share their visions with you.
Venus/Jupiter in Cancer / 4th house :
A caring and loving spouse that will put a lot of effort into making you feel fine and comfortable. A spouse with motherly qualities, good cooking and caring. Can have a tendency to rant about small things and gets emotional easily. A romantic and dreamy spouse with a unique philosophy towards the relationship and life.
Venus/Jupiter in Leo / 5th house:
A spouse with a very strong personality and artistic abilities. A well mannered and successful spouse. The ego could cause some difficulties, especially if it’s about the wife in a man his chart, can indicate a dominating wife.
Venus/Jupiter in Virgo / 6th house :
An intelligent spouse, very caring and logical with an analytical nature. Spouse will have the tendency to judge. Spouse will have an eye for detail, also if something about your appearance if ‘off’ , they can point that out, so better make sure your self-esteem has risen by the time you meet them.
Venus/Jupiter in Libra / 7th house :
An artistic and very beautiful spouse. Well mannered, passionate and romantic with a good status. A refined nature. An indicator of a foreign spouse when Jupiter is in the 7th house.
Venus/Jupiter in Scorpio / 8th house :
A very intense and passionate spouse with interest in the occult themes. Spouse will have a mystic appearance and will have a lot of power. Someone that like to take lead in the relationship and with a unique philosophical approach towards the relationship and life. Can indicate a very sexual spouse.
Venus/Jupiter in Sagittarius / 9th house :
A philosophical spouse, passionate about religion. For a husband this can indicate a strong and fatherly personality, for a wife it indicates a fun loving person who loves to explore. Spouse can be foreign.
Venus/Jupiter in Capricorn / 10th house :
A determined spouse with a good status. Can indicate a business woman or man. Can indicate a spouse who is hardworking, down to earth and caring. Spouse can be much younger or much older.
Venus/Jupiter in Aquarius / 11th house :
A spouse with a rebellious nature, unconventional and refreshing. Loves freedom and will also be your best friend. Indicates an independent person who loves to discuss the big questions of life.
Venus/Jupiter in Pisces / 12th house :
A very emotional and intuitive spouse with psychic abilities is possible. Very romantic and unique. Can be an indication of a foreign spouse.
Indications of Foreign spouse
• Connection between 5th house or Lord with 12th house or lord indicates affair with a foreigner. We have to see the condition of 9th house too. As 9th also represents long distance travel. So if you get a foreign spouse, you will also travel to foreign countries.
• Venus for Male natives and Jupiter for female natives is placed in 12th house or with 12th lord in a watery sign can grant a foreign spouse to the individual.
• Jupiter in 7th house.
• 7th lord posited in 12th house and if NorthNode is also associated with this combination, it is a strong yoga for getting a foreign spouse.
• If 7th house lord is posited in 12th house then marriage might be in foreign or your life partner may be a foreigner.
• If 12th house lord is posited in 7th house then marriage from foreign possible.
• Exchange of places between 7th and 12th house lord also form this chance.
• Combination of 7th and 12th house lord also forms this.
• Combination of Venus and 12th lord in male chart and combination of Mars and 12th house lord may also creates this chance.
Love, Spouse, lovelife depending on the degrees of 7th house cusp
The 7th house cusp on 1 degree might indicate a spouse who is aggressive or very passionate. The 7th house cusp on 7 degrees might indicade a spouse with artistic abilities and also someone that might be a bit lazy and charming.
7th house cusp on 23 degrees might indicate a humanitarian spouse, detached and rational,…
• Juno Retrograde is an indication of rape or abuse from a spouse or a male figure, in a female chart.
The profession & finances of spouse
Profession can be seen through your 4th house (4th house is 10th=career from the 7th house) :
• Check The sign on the cusp of 4th house
• Check what planets are occupying in 4th house
• Check where the ruler of 4th is positioned
Finances can be seen through your 8th house (8th house is 2nd=finance from 7th house) :
• Check the sign on the cusp of 8th
• Check what planets are occupying in 8th house
• Check Where the ruler of 8th is positioned
Turning the chart method
To know who your spouse will be : Take your Descendant as ‘ascendant’ of future spouse.
Your DSC will be their ASC, Your IC will be their MC, Your MC will be their IC. This doesn’t mean that your DSC will be the ASC of your spouse, this technique is more so used to know more about his/her career, childhood, finances, status, friends, desires,…
Instead you can just look at your own birthchart and look at your own houses and know what they represent according to the one you are meant to be with:
Your 1st house :
The values of your spouse in love, the love language they speak, their business partners and possible legal matters with the court and lawyers
Your 2nd house :
The sexdrive of your spouse, possible inheritances from their family, death of spouse
Your 3rd house :
Education of spouse, the higher knowledge and religion. possibilities of foreign spouse or a spouse that travels a lot, spiritual or philosophical organizations of spouse
Your 4th house :
Career and reputation of spouse, the father of your spouse
Your 5th house :
The friends of your spouse, possible organizations they are in, his/her desires in life, life goals of spouse
Your 6th house :
Possible accidents or hospitalization of spouse, the secrets they have, the possibilities of spouse being psychic, the way your spouse wants isolation and time to themselves
Your 7th house :
The personality of your spouse, the approach to life and appearance
Your 8th house :
The income of your spouse, their work ethics and what he/she will value in life, their possessions and properties
Your 9th house :
The way of communicating of your spouse and the relationship they have with their siblings
Your 10th house :
The upbringing of spouse, how his/her home-life will be, their personal needs and feelings
Your 11th house :
The self-realization of spouse, their creativity, ways of having fun and activities he/she will love, possibility of having children, and their romance
Your 12th house :
The health of your spouse and the daily routines and tasks they do
Predicting from your Moon sign
This method is very similar to ‘turning the chart’, But instead of taking the DSC as the ASC of the future spouse, you take your Moon sign as the ASC of spouse.
It works the exact same way. so the house in which your Natal Moon is placed, becomes the 1st house of future spouse.
2nd house from your moon sing is the 2nd house of your future spouse, and so on,…
The sign that’s opposing your Natal Moon sign, is what qualities the future spouse will have.
Example : If your Moon sign is Cancer, the future spouse will have some Capricorn qualities to him/her.
Age of spouse
This method is from Vedic Astrology, Some things are best to consider via your Sidereal chart such as Nakshatra’s and Atmakaraka/D9.
What planet rules the 7th house
• Venus , Sun , Mercury, Jupiter = Average age gap of 5-6 years
• Saturn = Elder spouse 7+ years
7th ruler in Nakshatra’s
You check check this via Astro-seek
If 7th ruler is in the Nakshatra of Saturn, it indicates elder spouse (7+ y)
If the 7th ruler is in the Nakshatra of Mercury, it indicates no age difference or a very small difference (0-3 y)
Aspects to 7th ruler for younger spouse
Maturity level of spouse could be less than you, if the 7th ruler is in aspect with these planets, especially conjunction
Aspects to 7th ruler for average age difference (5-6 y)
• Jupiter = Indicating a spouse that teaches/guides you
• Sun = Indicating a very mature spouse
Check the condition of Venus as she represents the wife.
• Venus-Saturn aspect = Elder spouse
• Venus in aspect to Mercury, Mars, Moon = Average age difference (0-4 y)
Venus represents the overall marriage and relationship theme of life.
Jupiter represents Husband, but Mars should be considered too.
• Jupiter-Saturn aspect = Elder spouse
• Jupiter in aspect to Moon, Mercury = Average age difference (0-4 y)
Find out what planet is your Atmakaraka in the birthchart and than check the condition in the Navamsha chart.
Example : If the Atmakaraka is in the 3rd house of the D9 chart and Saturn is in the 9th house, it means Saturn is 7 houses away from the Atmakaraka and this signifies an elder spouse.
• Saturn 7 houses from the Atmakaraka = Elder spouse