An eating disorder or self-esteem issue can occur throughout the whole zodiac. However, there are a few aspects that caught my eye.
2nd house is important to look at, since it represents your food intake, self-esteem and the mouth. if you have malefic planets sitting in 2nd, that could be an indication of an eating disorder, such as : Mars, Saturn, Northnode.
Responsible Planets & Asteroids :
Chiron : Wounded healer
Ceres : Food
Nessus : (sexual) abuse
Vesta : The one that loves cooking
Moon : Feelings & Nurturing
Pluto : Control & abuse
Neptune : Delusions & addictions
Mars-Saturn: These planets are associated with Will and the Throat Chakra. When the patterns of stuffing one’s feelings is prolonged, this chakra and the thyroid gland will be affected. This often leads to a health problem called Wilson’s Syndrome. Initially, through the stress of repression and anxiety, the adrenals are taxed. Later, this adrenal stress pulls on the thyroid gland. The body temperature drops, often to around 97°. Fatigue and exhaustion further prevent the individual from ever asserting self for one’s self. In talking to people with an under-active thyroid, they frequently complain that they do not feel alive.
Physically, this can be addressed through adrenal supplementation, thyroid support and even taking organic, cold pressed coconut oil that quickly raises the body temperature and energy level. However, the psychological patterns that contribute to obesity are more difficult to change.
Mars-Neptune: This is the aspect that tells me that there was a parent who did not want the child to grow up or grow away. Later, these individuals sabotage their own efforts by talking themselves out of doing, especially doing something for themselves. These people often feel that they never scored a victory in expressing their anger, their Mars. Often, when they feel anger, they become quit tired and even depressed. This aspect is actually best suited for fighting for an ideal, something greater than themselves, but not directly for themselves.
Mars-Pluto: With the compulsive over-eater, this combination can indicate abuse. The rage and resentment are suppressed through eating. They often fear the rage within. They fear that they could kill someone— so they eat instead, killing themselves with the health issues that arise through obesity.
• Chiron in 6th = selfcriticism
• Chiron in Virgo or cancer = selfcriticism
• Chiron in hard aspect to the ASC ruler or ASC
• Chiron conjunct ASC = high chance of being bullied in childhood
• Chiron conjunct Jupiter in 6th or in Virgo
• Chiron conjunct Moon in 6th or in Virgo
• Chiron in 6th or Virgo making an aspect to Venus
• Moon conjunct Pluto = destructive obsessive feelings
• Ruler of 6th making harsh aspect to Chiron = health is a pain point
• Ruler of 6th house in 4th house
• Pluto square ASC or ASC ruler
• Ceres in 6th = detailed vision on food
• Ceres aspecting to 6th house ruler = conflict between health and food
• Ceres in aspect to Chiron = painful bond with food
• Venus conjunct Jupiter = appetite for food
• Nessus in 8th house = sexual abuse that changes self-image
• Nessus sextile Ceres = food as comfort for history with sexual abuse
• Vesta conjunct Neptune = delusions about food
• Vesta trine Chiron = painful bond with food
• Saturn, Mars or Southnode in 2nd house = damaged self-esteem
• ASC ruler in Scorpio or 8th house = need for physical destruction
• ASC ruler in Pisces or 12th = addictions and self-undoing
Various sources, such as : https://www.lynnkoiner.com/astrology-articles